Day 59 - real celebrations and souffles

I hope that you're sitting comfortably as there's a lot to get through. I'll start with the easy one, Public Sleeping Day. This is something I do regularly, I actually tried not to today, but still succumbed. I may have already mentioned this but I'm one of those people who sleep on the train. I find it really difficult to stay awake and have perfected the sleeping whilst still holding up a book pose. I started reading Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve this week and am really enjoying it. I therefore wanted to read on my journey home but still found myself nodding off for the last 10 minutes or so. I don't drool but have woken myself up before by snoring.  I'm not proud of it but it can't be helped.
Pink Day was another day with a purpose, not just to celebrate the colour (or the singer for that matter). It was started in a school where a boy got bullied for wearing pink.  Some others witnessed this and in solidarity they came in the next day all wearing pink. It became an annual thing and has become a day to make a stand against bullying. There are other anti bullying days in the calendar but I shared the details on social media all the same and wore a pink hair bobble as a bracelet as it was all I could find. I used to have a pink tie but I couldn't find it. I also wanted a pink Everton shirt but they'd run out by the time they became cheap enough to buy ( I'm too stingy to pay full price! )
I found out far too late that it was Global Scouse Day today.  In case you aren't aware it is a type if stew which liverpudlians are named after, not the other way around.  It's interesting that it is "global" Scouse Day yet none of my sources listed it. I found it by chance. I've had scouse pie but I've never cooked it before. Maybe next year.
Floral Design Day is an American thing started by a school for flower arranging. That's a very specific school. I thought about buying some flowers and arranging them but I knew that I wouldn't really have time. Not did I do anything for Tooth Fairy Day as no one in the family has a wobbly tooth. I might write a quick note and leave it under my pillow to say thank you for the hard work although quite what she does with all those teeth I don't know.
It was Rare Disease Day so again I tweeted some links to helpful websites to raise awareness. Did you known that people with rare diseases on average take 4 years to diagnose their conditions? That can't be fun. Not do they have big fundraising events to help combat them as by their very nature they don't affect many people. If you live in or around Shrewsbury, The Pour House,  a coffee/milkshake/cocktail shop has a promotion on in aid of rare diseases where if you share their Facebook post and the YouTube video then you can buy a rare milkshake for £2.50. Maybe something for Friday methinks. You can see the video yourself here:

Purim took place today which is a Jewish celebration ( a bit like Halloween I'm told,  it envolves dressing up) and also it was Car Keys and Small Change Day which was really quite pointless.
I'm sorry that this has mainly been a list of stuff I didn't celebrate today, mainly because it has also been my daughter's second birthday!  A real celebration. Son 1 cooked her some macaroni cheese which she barely touched ( although it was quite tasty) as she'd had a busy day of bouncing and meeting friends.  She loved the whole opening presents thing and even tried to blow out her candle.
The only thing left for today is to try to sort out some Welsh cakes for tomorrow and eat a Chocolate Souffle as it's Chocolate Souffle Day. Such hardship I know but some things just have to be done!

Comments

Popular Posts