Day 51 - cherry pie and handcuffs

Love Your Pet Day, or possibly Love Your Pet A Little More Than Usual Day, took place this sunny Tuesday. I think I've mentioned before how our cats just sit and sleep all day. I tried wiggling some string for them but I think those days have gone.  They didn't even eat many of the dentabites which I tried to treat them with. All they want these days is a brush and to not be moved so I left them to it.

Handcuff Day was quite niche.  The official celebration is all about answering quiz questions about handcuffs. Yep, actual questions... about handcuffs. Can you imagine going to a quiz and finding out that it has a handcuff round? I didn't think that I'd stand much of a chance, although I doubt there would be many entrants. Even if I did win, the prize is a pair of handcuffs. What would I do with them?

I wad going to take part in Hoodie Hoo Day until I found out that it was another copyrighted celebration. People are supposed to stand outside at noon, wave their hands in the air and shout Hoodie Hoo in an attempt to scare off the winter. It sounded quite silly and therefore something for me to do but I'm not interested in these copyrighted holidays. Please don't blame me if winter lasts longer than usual.

Clean Out Your Bookcase Day only took a few minutes as we've had to debook so many times now that we hardly have any left. Most of the fiction books get read and then passed on now to save space. Instead of getting rid of books I tidied up the junk which builds up on it.

There were three proper celebrations today all about solidarity with immigrants,  volunteering or social injustice.  I knew that I wouldn't have time to give them the effort they deserve so instead I cooked a family sized cherry pie for Cherry Pie Day and ate most of it myself. None of the kids were interested but my better half had sliver. It wasn't bad and cheaper than a pint of beer.

Heads up... Sticky Bun Day tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts