Day 58 - strawberries and pokemon

Today was bookended with a celebration of strawberries (it's Strawberry Day), jam for breakfast and fresh with strawberry Ice Cream (left over from Ice Cream Day). The jam is extra strawberryish as it has less sugar. We've been buying it for a while as it's REALLY nice. I once had some jam with a cream tea and asked the waitress which brand it was as it was so nice, it turned out to be the one we always buy. It's especially good with peanut butter but I went with just jam today to celebrate.  The fresh ones weren't very strawberryish though. I'm not surprised as it's February.  Why strawberry day in February?  No idea.

Pokemon Day was almost missed as the train was cancelled meaning I was home late.  Thankfully there was still time to lose a game against son 1. It turns out that to play you need the right kind of energy, I didn't have it so couldn't do anything.  Serves me right for buying random cards. I need to buy some basic energy cards if I'm ever going to win. I also had a quick look at a video on YouTube about the world's number one Pokemon Go player.  I only managed a few minutes before I was bored senseless. He spends his time planning routes driving around Singapore so that he can "catch" Pokemon. Rather him than me.

It was No Brainer Day which was a celebration about doing the simple thing. The obvious choice. I didn't have much opportunity to celebrate but I did notice the announcement at the train station, "Please stand clear of the doors and let the passenger alight." That's a no brainer but I'm still surprised on how people crowd the doors when the train pulls into the station.

I was hoping to do something for Kalhua Day but I don't have any Kahlua. I couldn't justify buying a whole bottle and couldn't find any miniatures.  Shame. I do have some Tia Maria but it isn't quite the same.

Finally it was Retro Day and Polar Bear Day. I didn't have time to play Sonic the Hedgehog as I'd hoped and to celebrate Polar Bear Day it is suggested that you turn down your central heating as their habitat is being destroyed by global warming.  I turned it down for a similar reason a few weeks ago and it was freezing cold today due to the Beast from the East. I'll turn it down on the weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts