Day 365 - I made it!

Yay! I made it to day 365 with just a tiny number of uncelebrated days. I have a widget on my phone which tells me about one of the national days. Today is says Unlucky Day. I tell you this as it is 7.16am as I type, having got up at my usual work time of 5.35am. I'm currently sat outside the office which usually opens at 7am. I k ow it's holiday season but I didn't realise it extended so widely. I can't get home until the next train turns up so I'll wait around to see whether the person with the keys had a lie in or whether I just deleted the email about office closure without reading it. Either way, it's certainly an unlucky start to the day! Which is lucky for someone celebrating national days. Does that make it lucky to be unlucky? I hope not.
Anyway, if you've been following this blog then you'll know that today's will be my last entry. I'm having tomorrow off, and probably a long time after! Including yesterday my total count was 1162 celebrations this year which is an average of 3.19 cpd (celebrations per day). I think that's a fairly decent effort. I didn't expect that I'd get this far when I started but after a few weeks it just became the norm, checking a week in advance for upcoming  celebrations and arranging the menu around whatever was coming up.
One thing which has plagued me this last year is editing.  I type this out on my phone but autocorrect has a mind of it's own. I've lost track of the number of times I've written something correctly and it had changed it to something else entirely. Don't get me wrong, it does often do a good job but sometimes it's a little overenthusiastic.
Oh well, I really am unlucky. I was about to leave for the train when the person with the keys had just turned up. I'll add to this later.
...
Right, it's evening now. The nibbles have been nibbled,  Trivial Pursuit is on the table, New Year's Eve is in full flow. I thought that you might be interested in a few stats before we get on today's other celebrations (I've already mentioned 2). Firstly, I didn't intend on setting up my blog but my good lady wife suggested it. As at the last count I've had 11,111 hits. Not very exciting but a nice number all the same. Oddly only about 6500 were from the UK. I only know a few people outside of Blighty so unless they've been very busy it must have been read by a few people. Most of the huts are from the US, then Poland and Germany. Unfortunately I've had very few comments so I'm not sure what drew them in (I say them, you may be one of them yourself if you're reading this! If so, hello from Shrewsbury!) My most popular post was about deep frying sprouts (obviously as sprouts are the bestest vegetable). Over the last few months my average readership has plummeted to about 8 so if you've made it this far, thank you so much for sticking with me.
Right, today has been Vinegar Day. We've been eating those party foods which are always on 3 for 2 in supermarkets which meant that the oven was on. What better time to make chips? There were a handful left in the freezer so in they went. As science based vinegar usage was yesterday, food based vinegar usage was the order of the day. Everyone else just wanted salt on theirs, has vinegar gone out of fashion? It worked for me.
So, onto my final celebration of the year. I started on Jan 1st with a bloody Mary. Yuck. I'm ending with champagne as it's Champagne Day. I managed to find a bottle in M&S for less than £20. I have no idea what counts as good champagne so I'll stick to the do-you-like-how-it-tastes approach. I haven't got a sabre to slice the top off or a boat to throw the bottle at so a flute of bubbles was the only way to go, classic.
So there we have it. I hope that you've enjoyed celebrating 2018 with me. It's just gone midnight so welcome to 2019! Today I'm celebrating... NOTHING!

Comments

Popular Posts