Day 52 - sticky buns

Today was another of those days with only a few celebrations going on. It was also another example of a day where I should have done more research. I did however start the day off by finishing off yesterday's cherry pie for breakfast!  Nice.

Card Reading Day was, I thought, going to be a chance to do some tarot. When I looked into it it is actually meant to be a day to reminisce and reread old greetings cards. As it happens I'm out of the house today so the only cards available our hosts'.  Reading other people's cards isn't really what it's all about. Shame. I'll have to wait for tarot day.

International Mother Language Day is all about respecting heritage and all that.  I found a tweet where people were simply replying to it by saying hello in their mother tongue. It's surprising the number of languages out their. It does make you wonder how language developed, different people across the world all learning to communicate at the same time but in different ways. Think how boring it would be if everybody spoke the same language.

It was Single Tasking Day, or some websites suggest it's tomorrow, but single tasking is pretty much what I do most of the time. I did drive and whilst trying to answer popmaster questions but other than that it was Single Tasking all day.

What today was really about was Sticky Bun Day. We nipped into the award winning Shrewsbury Market in the morning and picked some up to eat in the car. They were a taste sensation! Simple yet tasty, doughy and satisfying. I wouldn't normally go for a sticky bun but I'm a convert. I found out half way through the day that it was also Biscuits and Gravy Day, an American dish consisting of sausages crumbled up and cooked in a white sauce, eaten with what look like puff pastry disks. Not quite the same as the image of rich tea with bisto which the name suggests. I'll stick to the sticky buns.

Tomorrow is a biggy  - Chilli Day. Yum.

Comments

Popular Posts