Day 305 - sandwiches and wine

This exciting instalment is a bit late as we were up late sorting out bags of children's clothes. Hopefully we can reclaim the cellar soon.
Yesterday was a quite day on the celebration front. I took the boys to see The House With A Clock In The Walls at the cinema (good film, plenty of jumps and weirdness to keep the kids happy) and on the way home we celebrated Sandwich Day. This entailed stopping off at Subway on the walk back through town and making use of their special sandwich day buy one get one free offer. The boys love subway,  they always choose the same thing though like the man on the advert. As their were three of us, the offer meant that we could get four 6" subs for the price of two. When I went to pay though I was initially charged full price.  The man pointed out that one was a foot long so I had to ask to treat it as two 6's. You'd think that they'd do that automatically wouldn't you? We were all happy with our subs after the slight hiccup. I don't remember seeing a special offer on hoagie day or sub day. Is it true that the sandwich was invented by the Earl of Sandwich or did he just give it a name? What did they do beforehand? Just eat chunks of bread with buts on the side? Or did they just make sandwiches but not k ow what to call them? "I'm going to make a bread thing with stuff in the middle for lunch..."
In the evening I decided to also celebrate Wine Tasting Day. I suppose that to do this properly I should have had a range of wines and a bucket to spit into (what a waste). Given these times or austerity I thought it best to just open a bottle and taste it whilst drinking instead. It was actually a very good white. I don't tend to drink chardonnay, mainly because pinot is on offer. This one was crisp and quaffable. I'm sure that it probably had undertones of asphalt and a raspberry embellish if I'd stopped to swill it a while. I just thought it tasted nice.
So just two yesterday, today is about zero tasking so I may have even less to entertain you with.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Any particular flavour? I have cheese almost every day so anything but cheese is always pleasing.

      Delete
    2. Anything but egg if I’m honest! Avocado with something would be my favourite! Stilton, bacon and avocado panini for the perfect mix!
      Now there’s a full answer!!!

      Delete
    3. I've never tried that combination. I'll add it to the list.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts