Day 15 - taking stock

There are three celebrations today, Hat Day, Strawberry Ice Cream Day and Martin Luther King Jr Day. This gave me a chance to take stock as eating ice cream and wearing hats wasn't exactly time consuming.

Including those two, I have so far celebrated 56 "days" since New Year's Day. Not bad going in just over two weeks. It does take a fair amount of time to squeeze things in around daily life but the effort has been worth it. My diet has certainly been more varied and my evenings more interesting.  The children have however started getting cheeky with it. For example, if I don't notice my phone ringing they'll ask if it is national ignore your phone day.

Hat Day resulted in a compliment from my daughter (nice hat Daddy), a debate with my son as to whether the hat was his or mine and an insult from my wife (you do look silly in that hat). She has a point.  I used to love wearing a cap when I was younger,  I'm not fussed about looking silly (Morris dancers rarely are), I might restart. On a serious note, bike helmets are a real bugbear of mine, they seem to have gone out of fashion. Hardly anyone wears them now yet it seems silly not to. I thought I'd Google them on Hat Day to see what the rules are. They aren't compulsory and apparently the scientists aren't convinced that they are helpful. Personally, I'll keep wearing one on the rare occasion when I use mine. I'm sure there'll be a national bike day which will give me a chance.

Strawberry Ice Cream Day was a winner, for me anyway.  Two out of the three kids yummed it up. The third said he lives strawberry ice cream but refused to eat it. Why's that you may ask. It had strawberry pieces in it (posh ice cream in this house).  But it tasted of strawberry. Apparently strawberry ice cream doesn't taste of strawberries,  it tastes of bubble gum. So any ice cream manufacturers reading this ( I'm sure there must be loads), you're getting it wrong!

It was also Martin Luther King Jr Day today so I listened to his famous speech on YouTube.  In case you're wondering if you too can take part, tomorrow is Hot and Spicy Food Day so get a curry in. It's also Appreciate a Dragon Day, will need to ponder that one.

Comments

  1. It’s my birthday tomorrow, I like the sound of both of those days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also "Nothing Day" if you fancy putting your feet up

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts