Day 29 - grumpy corn chips

Recipe for corn chips on Corn Chip Day - boil sugar with butter and vanilla extract, wait, no. Hurrah! No sugar boiling!  Yay.  I could have made some corn chips but I really didn't see the point when Doritos are available. It really should have been called Doritos Day and been done with it. Other corn chips are available ( but they aren't as nice!) I had a bag with lunch and I smiled throughout. Mmm... tangy cheese. There isn't really much to add for that one so I'll move on.

Puzzle Day was fun. Normally I wouldn't be interested in jigsaw puzzles, they take too long and at the end all you get for your efforts is a larger picture of the one on the box.  If you wanted a bigger picture why not buy a poster instead? I suppose that it's the journey which is important,  not the destination, but there are more interesting journeys I'd rather go on. But add in some children and a hungry caterpillar and it's a different kettle of fish (slight digression - who puts fish in a kettle?). We worked as a team, built the caterpillar and high-fived like Americans on a game show. All puzzles should be limited to 25 pieces and be able to be completed in 10 minutes.

Curmudgeon Day wasn't difficult to take part in. I came down with a debilitating strain of flu (slight cold) yesterday and was up in the night with a throbbing headache so it was quite easy to be grumpy this morning. It doesn't last though, I usually have to try to be grumpy so I followed some self proclaimed grumps on Twitter to help get an alternative viewpoint.  Saying that, I read somewhere that social media isn't healthy if you only follow like minded people as you'll only see one side of the story.

My favourite celebration today was Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. It just so happened that I broke my (very middle class) cafetiere last week so had to transport my charity shop replacement to work. If you ever need a new cafetiere, charity shops are full of them. This one was even unused. Anyway,  I couldn't ask for a better opportunity to celebrate. We used to have a huge roll of the stuff in the cellar as the movers left some behind. I had to search high and low for some today but found a handy bag of bubbles. My plunger arrived safe and sound. I then received a parcel in a bubble wrap filled jiffy bag when I got home.  Double the appreciation!  And what was in the parcel?  Knitted coffee mug holders,  not very breakable so the bubbles weren't really being tested but they were still appreciated all the same. It also reminded me of a genius invention I came up with, helium filled bubble wrap. Place your item in a helium filled bubble wrap envelope and when you weigh it for posting, it will barely register. Free postage! I'm sure it'll catch on. On a more serious point,  it's a type of plastic (boo) and was told that some companies now use puffed rice instead.  Now that is genius. Unwrap your parcel, pour in some milk and you've got breakfast.

That's enough for now, it's Croissant Day tomorrow so must nip to the shops after work.

Comments

Popular Posts