Day 25 - Irish coffee

I think that celebration fatigue is starting to set in and it has only been 25 days. It was Opposite Day today, but it was too difficult to keep it up. The boys have always liked playing no means yes and yes means no. Usually it's a pain but today I had to go with it, and it's still a pain. My brain can't cope.

Australia Day was more controversial than I expected. I thought that it was something like a patron saints day, celebrate heritage and drink too much of the local tipple. It kind of is, but when you consider that it commemorates people turning up in a foreign land and kicking out the locals you start to see why some people might not like it too much. I sent out a tweet linking a video of Australia's biggest export, Gina G (obviously) but with hindsight it was probably not the best thing to do. Maybe I should read into these things more in advance! Having said that, I've just checked and I'm ahead of myself. Australia Day is tomorrow. Maybe I'll give it a miss.

Wear Clashing Clothes Day was more in line with the tone of these celebrations. It meant wearing a bright multi coloured tie with a blue shirt. Lovely. Nice and easy.

Hopefully Irish Coffee Day will be the same. I have plans for a quick brew before bed. I have some Baileys which will have to do instead of whiskey. It's close enough. Any purists disagree? Feel free to comment below.

Comments

Popular Posts