Day 20

Buttercrunch Day. That sounds interesting doesn't it. I've never tried buttercrunch, but oh wait, yes I have, about a week ago. The ingredients for buttercrunch were sugar, butter, vanilla, nuts and chocolate. Exactly the same as English Toffee! So what's the difference?  Baking powder. A tiny amount of baking powder. It tasted exactly the same to me. It's like saying that I've invented a new food called cheesey wheels, made from round bread topped with tomato and cheese and cooked in an oven,  but it's not a pizza as I added some parmesan cheese to the bread mixture.  That makes it completely different.  No it doesn't! It's just a variation. I still made it and it still tasted good. The kids even ate it this time as I missed out the nuts.

It was Natioanl DJ Day today.  We have a DJ in the street so hopefully there'll be a disco later on to celebrate. I used to do DJ work at college, rock night on Sundays and the odd cheesey pop night on a Saturday if the usual ones weren't available.  It's great fun being a DJ,  you basically get the chance to choose whatever music you like and nobody can complain.  Chesney Hawkes always featured on pop night, and sometimes on rock night too. Who doesn't love 'The One And Only'? I hadn't done any for ages and then the kids festival in Shrewsbury offered people a chance to do an hour spot in exchange for free tickets.  Win win.  I think that I maxed out at about 5 kids in the tent at once.  Maybe I'd have faired better if bit had been raining. We listened to some of the most famous DJ's best work to celebrate - Summertime  by DJ Jazzy Jeff. Quality.

Penguin Awareness Day was fun. It basically meant cuddling a penguin  and watching videos of them on iPlayer. So cute.

For Cheese Lover's Day I got to, you've guessed it, eat cheese. We had cauliflower cheese for tea and some cheese and biscuits for supper. I bought some aged Red Leicester and an odd one called Kaltbach, never tried that one before. I often enjoy vegetarian meals and could probably do without meat if I had to, but the idea of not having cheese is a step too far. Veganism isn't for me. 

I charged up the camcorder last night but never got around to using it on Camcorder Day, not yet anyway. I did get a chance to go for a walk to the library though to celebrate Go For A Walk Outside Day.

Tomorrow is all about the squirrel.  Not sure what that will entail.

Comments

Popular Posts