Day 4

Here's some trivia for you, January 4th is Trivia Day. An opportunity to share random and often unrelated facts, some of which night even be correct. Being a person who likes to share I have therefore celebrated the day by peppering friends, family and colleagues with random facts. For example,  the Jacuzzi was invented by Roy Jacuzzi in 1968. It's a brand name, similar to Hoover. So if you say "I'm going for a Jacuzzi" and it's not an actual Jacuzzi then what you are doing is going to sit in a hot tub or spa bath. Is that trivia or pedantry? I've shared a few facts with the twitterverse including the news that Captain Morgan, the pirate whose name was taken for the rum, was Welsh. Who'd have thought it? It's hard to imagine a pirate in a male voice choir.

In addition to Trivia Day, today was Pop Music Chart Day. This was quite straight forward, basically I had to listen to some pop music. Not a big ask in the grand scheme of things.  It was however also a chance to promote the song writing genius that is Chesney Hawkes. Yay! I therefore set up a Spotify playlist and included "The One and Only" which was then shared on Twitter and Facebook.  A little more trivia for you, the song was in the top 20 of all chart songs in the '90s. A huge accomplishment. My iTunes pop compilation has done me well so far, it has offered up " Toy Soldiers" by Martika and "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" by whoever sang it. Nice.

For tea today we celebrated Spaghetti Day by making it with meatballs.  A classic.  If you're interested,  I made them with pork mince,  bacon, onion and a mix of paprika, cinnamon and garlic. Not to everyone's taste but I liked them. To make it more interesting I taught my boys about testing whether the spaghetti is cooked by throwing it at the wall. Sadly this wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. They both just started eating it. I tried to film the throwing but it was a little lacklustre so instead I'll share a picture of a baby shovelling it down. Much more interesting.

I didn't have a chance to celebrate Braille Day or Hypnotism Day. At least I don't think I celebrated Hypnotism Day, it might have been wiped from my memory. Four days in and it's already getting tiring, trying to fit the celebrations around everyday life. There are only two tomorrrow so I might have enough time to watch the Merseyside derby. Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts