Day 22 - Blondie. No, not that one.

If I'd known that it was Polka Dot Day in advance, I'd have worn a different tie. Grr.

Blogger.com allows me to see how many times my posts are read and where the readers are based (hello to my Ukrainian readers! ). My recent post which talks about suspenders has about three times the number of readers than average. Can't think why. Also, the one about deep fried sprouts was also popular. Is there a link between suspenders and sprouts? You decide.

Anyway, there are two food related celebrations today. It is both Hot Sauce Day and Blonde Brownie Day. I prepared for hot sauce day by refreshing the bottle of Tabasco which I had in the cupboard, throwing out 2 bottles of sauce which went out of date 2 years ago and buying a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I've never tried it before so I added some to my meatballs. Every house should have some! Piquant and tasty. It's a bit like Tabasco but with a bit more of a kick. None of the kids wanted to try any, give them time.

Celebration Of Life Day is about appreciating your children and grandchildren. I don't have grandkids yet but it was a chance to try to not shout at the lovely cherubs and try to do something nice with them. When they get home from school they usually complain about tea (I don't like vegetables!) or ask repeatedly to  watch TV. They don't care what programme, they just want to sit and stare. No time for that today though. Sadly I failed in my task. I "ruined tea" by adding tomatoes to meatballs. I left the onion out on purpose and cooked the kids pasta instead of "forcing them" to eat courgetti. I thought that I was on to a winnet. Sadly not. But today is Blonde Brownie Day as well! Saved. One thing all three do enjoy is making cake so make them we did. The two who were around helped weighing and mixing but had to go to bed before it was ready. It turned out a bit too crunchy but I doubt they'll care. I think I'll stick to normal brownies.

Finally, today included one of the oddest celebrations so far - Answer Your Cat's Questions Day. I often have a running discussion with my cats in the style of Sven and Kristoff (Frozen) but with (slightly) less singing. Answering their questions isn't therefore alien to me although it is usually 'yes you can have a cuddle'. To celebrate today though I thought that a little more thought is needed to actually work out what they are actually asking. It wasn't that hard really. The only question they had was "why is my bowl empty?" I'm sure that they were more curious when they were younger and had more questions, now they just want to sleep and eat.

Comments

Popular Posts