Day 24 - beer cans and peanut butter

It's a shame that I need Just Do It Day (Not endorsed by Nike as far as I'm aware) to finally get around to asking someone to fix the hole in the ceiling.  The are benefits to doing this silliness. By next year hopefully there will have been enough of these days to get the house fixed, cleaned and repainted. I hope that there's a Pull The Old Tiles Off The Wall Day and that it falls on a weekend. That would be useful.
Most people know about Talk Like A Pirate Day. Today however was Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day. The lessor known cousin of Talk Like A Pirate Day. It was to mark the start of the gold rush in America.  It's easy to talk like a pirate,  talking like a Prospector isn't so easy. Think Stinky Pete from Toy Story or Yosemite Sam. My attempts were poor but my good lady wife found somebody on YouTube who did a much better job (going by the name of Year of Cheer). I'll try to add a link so you can enjoy it yourself.
Beer Can Appreciation Day took place today.  Now this was a celebration worthy of taking a moment out of your busy schedule to enjoy. Not only is it a chance to appreciate the role of the can in providing us with the nectar within,  but sometimes the can can be good to look at as well. I went with Pistonhead Flat Tire. I pleasant tasting beer in cool looking packaging. Every time I think of the words "beer can" I hear the word bacon being said in a Jamaican accent. It's a bit like Kipper Tie is cuppa tea in brummie.
The food related celebration today was Peanut Butter Day. A happy day. Who doesn't like peanut butter.  The idea of taking a product, mashing it up and spreading it on toast is genius. It worked for those tasty biscuits which you get with coffee as well. I'm tempted to give it a go with other food stuffs.
Finally today it was Belly Laugh Day. Now this was tricky as you can't guarantee a food laugh,  the best you can do is do something fun and hope for the best. I went with an episode of Modern Life Is Goodish by Dave Gorman. I wasn't disappointed. The man is a comedy genius. He was talking about "fun facts" which aren't facts and aren't always fun. I highly recommend it.
I'm off now but before I go I must apologise for my terrible spelling. I type this on my phone and it keeps "correcting" me. Hopefully I'll notice them more often as the year progresses. Grr. 
Ooh. I nearly forgot. It was also Library Shelfie Day so I took a picture of myself finding a James Dashner book.  Hopefully it'll take away the memory of the film adaptions of the maze runner films. Stick with the books!
And National Compliments Day. I gave out plenty of compliments and some actual well meant feedback at work which felt good. Huzzah.

Comments

Popular Posts