Day 23 - pies and appendages

Hmmm. I read an article a few weeks ago on the BBC website, Ed Sheeran had been accused of plagiarism so they ran a story about other cases of people being sued. One story was about Hewlett Packard, the computer company, being sued because they had created an app. I'm still surprised that they did this but it was on the BBC so it must be true. The app allowed people to estimate the size of man's appendage (choosing my words wisely here) based on the size of his foot. I'm not sure why this would be needed. The men whose feet were being measured wouldn't need to estimate and anyone else would need to measure someone's feet in order to use it. How would you get into that conversation? Anyhoo, the app was called The Chubby Checker and so HP were being sued by the management of everybody's favourite twister.  So what is the point if the amusing anecdote? Today is Measure Your Feet Day. That's why. What else is there to do on measure your feet day then measure your feet?  If you need to know, my feet are 31cm long (size 12). The average foot length according to Google is 26.3cm. If you're reading this in order to steal my identity then that is entirely made up. Or is it?

Today was also Handwriting Day. I quite like this celebration. The standard of my handwriting is shocking, I could pass for a doctor.  I can't hold my pen "properly" and even I find it hard to read sometimes. Today is therefore a chance to think about it and possibly do something about it. Rather than write words over and over again,  I celebrated by writing a letter (that's right - a real letter with an envelope  and everything). Liz,  if you're reading this you can expect it in the next few days. I also brought it to the attention of my kids and tried to help them with their spelling practice. We had a handwriting competition. Isaac won but I had a "good effort" which I'll take. Thank you Handwriting Day!

There were only three celebrations in my diary today. The third was Pie Day! Now there will be lots of pie days over the next 12 months, all for specific types of pie. I'll probably have to cook a lot of them so for this generic pie day I have bought some pies for tea. I would have bought one nice big family pie but the boys would have screamed. They wouldn't be able to agree on a filling other than gravy. Instead, I've bought them their own personal pie. What could go wrong? The only gripe today was one child saying he doesn't like chicken (he ate most of it) and one saying that the carrots were underdone. Hmm.

I do often celebrate these days through my Twitter account as well. If you want to find me then search for @TheMikeHoughton. See you there.

Comments

Popular Posts