Day 31 - SPROUTS!

Wow. Such a lot to get through so let's crack on. Today started with Backwards Day. It had such potential, getting the kids in their pjs when they got home, stories then a little TV before tea and then homework.  Sadly it didn't pan out quite like that but we tried. Some elements were reversed to make the evening a little more unusual. Aled joined in by doing his daily reading backwards.  He's a good sport. I did put some milk in my coffee before the water ( get me) and I might make tomorrow's sandwiches before doing some ironing instead if the other way around. The OCD side of me is in pain just thinking about it though.

I combined two celebrations into one this evening - Inspire Your Heart With Art Day and Scotch Tape Day. Now, I have a confession. I didn't actually use scotch tape. I went with their biggest adversary as it was what we had at the time. I assume that Scotch Tape Day is something to do with the company otherwise it would be Sticky Tape Day. Anyway, I used some to make a pattern in random strips and then coloured in the gaps. Adult colouring has become trendy these days, I can see the appeal. I will be doing more. Isaac saw what I'd done and gave it a go himself. My heart is suitably inspired.

As I write this, Gold As Gold... by The Beautiful South just came on to the playlist.  Takes me back to college.

Anyway, I digress.  I sadly had to skip Brandy Alexander as it requires Creme de Cacao. I bought vodka for Bloody Mary Day as I expect it'll be used.  I can't say the same for creme de cacao so unless one of my keen readers pops around with some before  bedtime I'll have to leave it to others. I have cream and brandy. Shame.

Hot Chocolate Day was a success (was it ever not going to be?) but I didn't have any Cadburys and went with whatever we had in the cupboard,  which us whatever was on offer the day I bought it. All good all the same. It's confusing that as Hot Cocoa Day is in December.  I'll have to ensure that I use cocoa rather than cheating.

The most important celebration today was Eat Brussel Sprouts Day. Not appreciation day, EAT! I would have put it in December myself as the season is coming to an end but it was a good chance to grab some whilst they are still available. I told you previously about how good deep fried sprouts were, today we went with cheese and bacon sprouts. Streaky bacon,  cream, garlic, mozzerella, parmesan and sprouts. Fried, cooked then baked. So good!

After yesterday, today had a much better range of celebrations.  If I wasn't struck down with man flu then it would have been even better! It's Baked Alaska Day tomorrow so make sure you have ice cream, you'll also need it for the weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts