Day 335 - fruity fruity fruity

It's gone midnight and I'm having to write up the day's events before going to bed as I doubt I'll have much chance tomorrow. I've just got back from the Shrewsbury Morris Christmas Ceilidh (excellent fun as always) and as I restocked the Bailey's this afternoon (Morrisons have it at £10 a litre) I've poured a decent helping to finish the bottle and make space for the new one.
There were two meaningful national days happening today, firstly World AIDS Day and then Rosa Parks Day. I read up about Rosa and how she worked with Martin Luther King. I thought she was just the lady on the bus who made a stand against racism. She did much more than that, Google her. History is full of rubbish things like racism but it is also littered with turning points where individuals make a change for the better. Rosa Parks is one such individual who deserves to have a national day to celebrate her achievements.
I tried to celebrate Rhubarb Vodka Day but failed. I couldn't find any, the shops are all about gin at the moment, so I thought that I would make some instead. All you need is vodka, rhubarb and sugar. I have 2 of those ingredients. Rhubarb is not in season so the greengrocers don't stock it. I tried the frozen fruit section of Morrison's bit no joy. Cheap Bailey's but no rhubarb.  It's a shame, it's sounded quite nice.
What I did do was eat a red apple as it was Eat A Red Apple Day and I also mucked on a pear for World Pear Day. The Apple wasn't bad but the pear wasn't ripe. Eddie Izzard did a good sketch about pears refusing to ripen until no one is around.  He's not wrong. I like a good pear but getting a good one isn't that easy.
Hopefully I'll have something more interesting for you than a hard pear!

Comments

Popular Posts