Day 343 - music and pastry

A few years ago I used to live in a small village called Guilsfield, Wales.  One day I went along to the local choir evening and gave it a go. They were at the back end of practising for a show so I tried to go back again on the new year. Unfortunately I was the only one who turned up as it got snowed off. I didn't get another chance to go back so my choir days were very short lived. I did however find a CD which they'd recorded in a local charity which I bought. I tell you this as I listened to it this evening for World Choral Day. Some of its in Italian so I have no idea what they're singing about but they sound nice.
In contrast to Choral Day it was also World Techno Day. I didn't listen to much of this but I did find some techno/choral mash ups on YouTube. I don't recommend them!
This morning my wife helped the kids to design this year's Christmas cards. It just so happened that it's Christmas Card Day. Well timed Mrs H! They all drew a snow man each which she then scanned and merged together. They looked quite good, it turns out that out two year old is a dab hand at colouring in.
Lastly today I celebrated Pastry Day. I did this by making pastry.  Odd that. I used Delia Smith's recipe, as advised by my father-in-law who uses it every year. She has a vegetarian sausage roll recipe. You freeze and grate butter into flour, add water and put in the fridge. Boom, pastry made. The filling was then breadcrumbs, cheese, onion, herbs and spice.  They came out really well. We took them along to the street Christmas party and they were yummed up. I still have some extra filling left so that'll be made to more sometime this week.
Talking of the party, you may remember the gingerbread Yule log story from yesterday.  The competition was judged, we came second. There were only two entries but I still think second is a good effort. By the time they were judged people had already started eating ours, there was only half left to judge. I like to think that the public voted with their feet. It all got eaten up so every one's a winner.

Comments

Popular Posts