Day 357 - Pfeffernusse

Just the one celebration today. Pfeffernusse Day. I didn't have a clue what they were but happened to notice a pack when in the local deli. I picked them up advance and had been waiting until today to open it. The bag says soft gingerbread biscuit and they sound German which is normally a good thing in a biscuit.  Unfortunately for me, the main flavour was aniseed.  I don't do aniseed. As such, I won't be celebrating Pfeffernusse Day next year!  The rest of the family weren't all that fussed either. If anybidy would like to try one them give me a shout, I think they'll be hanging around fair a while.

Although I didn't do any other celebrating today I did do sone prep for Eggnog Day tomorrow. I've never tried eggnog, the recipe sounds pretty good though.  Cream, milk, cinnamon,  vanilla and nutmeg warmed then poured over egg yolk and sugar. Add plenty of rum then chill.  That's what its doing at the moment, chilling for tomorrow.  Then I'll add sone whipped egg whites and enjoy.

As an update, I also tried the date and but bread which I made yesterday. Yum. That's enough. Yum.

Comments

Popular Posts