Day 346 - flowers and nectar

Those of you who read this regularly will no doubt recall the excitement of fresh breath day. Today was very similar, 12 Hour Fresh Breath Day. I gave my teeth an extra good scrubbing but as I've already celebrated this I didn't bother with the smints this time. I'm sure that my breath smelled lovely even with all the coffee.
Today's Christmas celebration was Ponsettia Day. I'm not sure when the red leafed plants became part of Christmas but you can't avoid them these days. I tried to keep one alive a few years ago, it didn't happen. It lasted a few months as a leafless stick bit that's no life for a christmassy plant. I bought my plant today from Aldi, £2.19. That's less than most decorations and you get at least a few months out of it. Has it been adopted by Christmas due to them being red and green?
I didn't buy a gingerbread house for Gingerbread House Day as we did gingerbread on the weekend but I did have a bash at Ambrosia Day. I knew that ambrosia was the nectar of the gods but I had no idea what it actually was. It's not Devon custard if that's what you're thinking, it's actually a mix of cream, yoghurt, marshmallow, coconut and fruit.  Basically a creamy fruit salad. At least that is the recipe I found.  I had to improvise and used cream left over from a recipe on Sunday, one of the children's yogurts and sone pineapple which was in the fridge. It wasn't actually that bad and with some tweaking could be pretty decent. As far as nectar of the gods goes though I'm a little confused,  I think that the gods maybe simply hadn't invented chocolate at that point.

Finally today is also the Festival of Unmentionable Thoughts.  I have no idea what this came from but I'm off to think of things which can't be mentioned so no point trying to talk about them here. Enjoy your own. Nighty night.

Comments

Popular Posts