Day 337 - pies, beans and hugs

Let's hug. That was one of today's celebrations, Let's Hug Day. It's easy to celebrate hugging when you have three kids. I've done hugging this year but it's always good to practice.
I've also celebrated Apple Pie Day this year as well. It came up on my list once more so I paid it lip service (get it) by picking up some of Mr Kipling's exceedingly good apple pies.  They're not bad but they're not very exciting. You all know what they taste like so I'll move on.
I found a mention that today was Walt Disney Day. It didn't come up much so I don't know the relevance of today. There wasn't time to watch a film so I tried to find a copy of the Disneyland parade Christmas song. They play it over and over whilst you're there but oddly they don't seem to sell it. It's not available to download from what I can tell so I tried Twitter.  Nothing. I assumed that Disney would be one of those companies who answer tweets really quickly.  Nope. One day I'll get me a copy, but it won't be on Walt Disney Day.
Next up we have Green Bean Casserole Day. I was introduced to this years ago by my American friend Sarah (hi Sarah!). It's a weird mixture of green beans, mushroom soup and crispy onions.  You mix the beans and soup,  bang it in the oven and add the onions for the last few minutes.  I only had normal soup, I think you're meant to use the condensed stuff so that it's thicker.  It was still nice but why you'd eat it with a roast dinner I have no idea.

I had a quick bash at Make A Gift Day but it wasn't happening so that'll have to wait until I have more time. I did however have time to knock up a drink for Pepprmint Latte Day. Now that was more interesting. Espresso, peppermint essence, hot chocolate powder and milk.  I warmed up some almond milk in a jar, shook it with the chocolate powder and added it to the coffee and mint essence. I wasn't sure about the idea of mint and coffee and to be honest I couldn't actually taste the coffee. Maybe next time I'll try less mint and more coffee. There will be a next time, partly because it was quite nice and partly because I now have an open bottle of almond milk which needs drinking.

Right, it's late again.  Tomorrow is Wear Brown Shoes Day. Anyone going to join in?

Comments

Popular Posts