Day 356 - baking and shopping

I'm getting this written up now as I'm heading out later to go on the Polar Express! Yay. I'm sure that the kids will love it too.
As the last Saturday before Christmas, today was Super Saturday, a day to go out and blitz the shops. After watching my youngest wow the audience with her ballet dancing, I did just that. Well, blitz is probably not the right word, and by shops I mean the charity shops mainly as Son 2 had to buy presents for the other two. We did pick up a ham to cook on Christmas Eve and some ingredients for today's baking but the blitzing was mainly up charity shop street. We did pick up a few items to wrap up but I doubt that the economy will notice our efforts. Yay for shopping.
The other celebration today was Date Nut Bread Day. This is a type of loaf which is full of dates and walnuts. It's quite aptly named. The recipe was simple to follow, basically weigh it out and bang it together. We did have to soak the dates in coffee for a while but other than that it was very straight forward. We haven't tasted it yet as we're off to a caroling party tomorrow so we'll take it along to add to the feast.
Just the two today and only nine days to go! I didn't expect to get this far. What's been your favourite part?

Comments

Popular Posts