Day 347 - violins and cocoa

Two quick ones for you today. I've already celebrated Fiddle Day this year so I wasn't sure how far to go with Violin Day.  As far as I can tell, the only difference is attitude.  I started by listening to some good violin playing. Sam Sweeney from Bellowhead was first up with some tunes from his new album, the Unfinished Violin. That seemed quite apt as he had his first concert tonight playing them live. One of them turned out to be a version of one of our Morris dances. That made me smile. Next up I went with The Jaywalkers who also play sone good fiddle. Maybe I should have gone more classical as it was Violin Day. What do you think?  The Morris Dancers were out this evening so I took my violin along to play. Sadly I don't actually play violin so my attempt consisted of play an open G string during a section which is very G heavy.  It wasn't maybe the most spectacular of debuts but I enjoyed it all the same.

The other celebration today which I took part in was Cocoa Day. We have cocoa in the house for cooking, I'm not sure I've ever tried it as a drink before though. It wasn't bad but when you're used to hot chocolate it tasted a bit bland. Its a food fall back. I imagine that by itself it's probably better for you but by the time that you've added sugar to make it paletable it's pretty much the same thing.

Tomorrow will be Roast Chestnut Day so I need to source some of those tomorrow. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts