Day 354 - sangria!

Before I start waxing lyrical about how great sangria is I must first briefly mention Regifting Day. Today is a day to celebrate the passing on of unwanted gifts. Statistics say that 40% of gifts received through Secret Santa are passed on to others so if we're all doing it, why not embrace it? Fortuitously, today was another work Christmas party. This time we went bowling which was great fun, my snowman attire seemed quite popular and surprisingly easy to bowl in. My gift was an 8-bit games machine which you plug in to the telly. It must have cost less than 5 quid as that was the spending limit. Let's say that I can now see why nintendo games are so expensive!
Right, Sangria Day! Why has it taken this long to cone around? Surely it would have been better in the summer? I've only had it once before whilst waiting for a ferry in Cherbourg. It wasn't great if I remember rightly. I thought it was a type of wine, as in a way of making it. When I did my extensive research (Google, obviously) I found that it is basically any wine, any spirit,  any fruit and something fizzy. That opens up a whole load of possible combination. It's basically wine punch. I had to go with what was knocking about which seeing as I've been buying booze for cocktail days is getting quite varied. My recipe was as follows: 125ml red wine (Spanish, obviously), 150 ml Schweppes lemonade (other brands are available), 1 fl oz of Cointreau and a few slices of lime. It was delicious!  I know what I'll be on tomorrow night.

It was also Games Day, I played a game with the kids called 5 Second Rule or something like that. You have 5 seconds to name 3 things from a given category. Son 2 won. The best part was asking the 2 year old questions she had no hope of answering and seeing the confused look on her face.
There were a possible 9 celebrations today, I managed 3 (ish). Percentage wise that's a drop from 75% to 33.3%. Must try harder!

Comments

Popular Posts