Day 358 - eggnog!

I've discovered a few new drinks this year due to the need to celebrate every day. I was a little worried about Eggnog Day as the name is a bit of a put off. Putting raw egg in a drink sounds like something an athlete would do. I googled the recipe and hit upon Jamie Oliver's. He didn't let me down with his pina colada recipe so I thought itv was worth a shot. It sounded good to start with,  milk, cream, vanilla pod, nutmeg and cinnamon stick. I went with rum rather than bourbon. It gets a little odd though when you whisk sugar and egg yolk and add it to the warmed milk. Once chilled you add the whisked egg yolk, no cooking.  That was the scary bit but it turns out that there was no need to be afraid. It was delicious!  Like a light and fluffy custardy drink. The recipe made enough for 8, I halved it and went for 4. So far I've had three...
You'll no doubt know that it's Christmas Eve so there weren't any other celebrations to squeeze in today. What more do you need when it's Eggnog Day?
Right, I'm off. If I don't see you tomorrow, have a merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts