Day 350 - chocolate covered sprouts

I'm starting to see why there are so few celebrations at this time of year,  there aren't enough hours in the day to get all the christmassy stuff done and the normal stuff as well. Today's celebration  list was a bit lacklustre,  something about Barbie again, the Boston Tea Party anniversary, there was also a celebration about stupid toys but I didn't get around to doing anything for that. There are a lot of stupid toys about these days, most involve poo in some form or another. Not for me. The boys always live anything to do with farting so maybe it's a sign of age.
The one celebration I did manage to fit in was Chocolate Covered Anything Day.  It would have been easy to just buy something covered in chocolate but I thought that I hadn't really tested myself properly recently. I'm a big fan of the versatile sprout so in thought that maybe it's time to see how versatile they really are. We had sone dark chocolate left over which I melted down. I added some cream which was also knocking about and just happened to have some left over sprouts too. The chocolate was quite bitter but it actually worked with the sprouts. I went back for more. As we had plenty of sprouts which needed eating I also fried some up and sprinkled them on the spag bol. That worked as well in case you're wondering. My youngest two tried grapes dipped in the chocolate, the little 'un wasn't keen so stuck to plain grapes. Son 2 was quite taken by them though. Son 1 the salad dodger used it as an excuse to cover a meringue with chocolate.  He'll look back one day and remember what he missed out on!

Comments

Popular Posts