Day 119 - so much yet so little

After a good haul of celebrations yesterday, today has been a bit of a come down. The only foodie day was Chocolate Parfait Day which I'd been looking forward to. Unfortunately I forgot to buy any cream yesterday and as you have to freeze it for a few hours it's too late to do it now. Boo.

My attempts have been limited to tweeting and sharing links on Facebook.  I'm not sure whether these really count.  They certainly don't make for interesting reading.  I could tell you about how I listed my top 5 concerts for National Concert Day in response to a request on Twitter but you'd no doubt ask me to then list them here as well, so I won't. I could mention how I retweeted something sent out by the instigator of Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 Day but this doesn't lead to a humourous, interesting or worthwhile anecdote so I'm keeping schtum. 

Instead I'll tell you about Poem On Your Pillow Day. The concept is as simple as it sounds although it should possibly be called Poem On Someone Else's Pillow Day as you're meant to put one on somebody's pillow, not your own. What would be the point of that? I therefore had a read through the book of love poetry which I bought my good lady wife for Valentine's Day and wrote one to go on her pillow.  It also happens to be Couple Appreciation Day, a day to do something nice for your partner which makes this a twofor! If people don't read the books on the shelves then putting a cryptic note on their pillow is one way to get them to read it.  Maybe I can try this with the kids' reading homework?

May Day celebrations tend to be on the bank holiday rather than May Day itself so I'll leave that for Monday. Lei Day however went ahead today. A lei is the flowery necklace which is used in Hawaii to greet people. I thought that the boys had some in their dressing up box but they turned out to now live in Maggie's room and she was already asleep. I had to tiptoe in and risk her crying all night just to wear one whilst washing up. I probably should have thought about it before going to work rather than when getting home as there wasn't really anyone around to share it with. Again, the people of Twitter had the chance to appreciate me in a flowery necklace but household visitors are few and far between on a school night.

Lastly, although my tweeting wasn't really celebrating it did get me a new follower and lots of retweets.  One link I sent out was to a video for Asthma Day. It explains how to notice the signs of an asthma attack. If you have a minute it's worth watching!

Comments

Popular Posts