Day 148 - more cocktails!

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza. Remember that song? Today is the day to sing it as it's There's A Hole In My Bucket Day. Why? Why not. So did I don't it? No! I forgot.  We're off camping tomorrow (yay!) so I was in a rush with packing clothes and the like and forgot about this one. My mind was instead on Mint Julep Day. This isn't something I've made before. I've picked up a taste for bourbon over the last year and so a bourbon cocktail sounded worth a punt. It's a mixture of mint, fizzy water, icing sugar and Jack Daniels, poured over crushed ice.  The mint isn't as strong as I expected but it lifts it slightly. Not bad. My wife wasn't taken by it but she doesn't like bourbon so it's not surprising. All the more for me!

It was also Water A Flower Day so I watered the flowers which I bought which haven't attracted any bees. I didn't just water a flower, I watered three!

Loomis Day was something which I should have made more of. What is it I hear you ask. It's a celebration of Mr Loomis who had a great idea. He had no idea how to realise it but he patented it anyway.  He "invented" radio by doing something he thought might work without actually proving the theory. So today is about just having a good idea. Don't worry about whether it is doable or not. Jack Black was in a film called Envy about someone who did the same thing, inventing a spray which disappears dog poo (disappear is a verb - ask Magical Trevor). So I needed to have a good idea. I've had plenty of ideas over the years, most of them don't seem to come to fruition. Last week I was talking to somebody about how roads need to have an electric charging point up the centre to make them like Scalextric sets, and now they've invented it in Sweden. I'm ahead of my time. One invention I wanted to patent was a balloon which you put ove the car exhaust. It catches the pollution which you then transfer to a machine once home which converts it safely into something less nasty. So there's my idea, someone please invent it.

TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts