Day 145 - frozen grape juice

So close but so far. Once again, Shrewsbury Town were beaten at Wembley. At least they got there though, that was a success in itself. After the penalty was saved the travelling Shrews looked as if their luck was in but it wasn't to be. I was hoping that there was a celebration which I could shoehorn into watching the football but the closest was Nothing To Fear Day. I won't claim that I didn't fear losing the game just to tick a box though.

Son 2 passed his 50m swimming badge, something that I never managed to do. That's worth celebrating, he had nothing to fear. Good lad.

I decided against celebrating Celophane Tape Day as it was too much like Scotch Tape Day which was at the end of January. There's only so much that one can praise sticky tape.

We're lucky to have very nice neighbours. They put up with the kids making noise and feed the cats when we're away. As today was Neighbour Day I was going to pass them some of the choux buns which Son 1 made (very tasty) but they weren't in. Instead, I spotted that their drainpipe had split at about head height so I mended it for them.

The only real attempt at celebrating today was Grape Popsicle Day. We used some Welch's grape juice to make ice lollies and tried them after the football. They weren't bad although the flavour all sank to the bottom.  Son 1 wasn't interested but son 2 was a fan. I wuite liked them, just need the sun back to enjoy them properly!

Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow. It'll be Hamburger Day, Son 1 is very excited.

Comments

Popular Posts