Day 131 - too much eating

I'm starting to get the feeling of deja vu. Today started in the wee small hours.  I could have had another cocktail this evening to celebrate Cocktail Day but as I was drinking one after midnight following Israel's inspired win that counts. Yay! Besides, there was left over red wine which needed seeing away. I think that's my earliest celebration so far. I considered watching Cocktail instead but two Tom Cruise films in one day might be much.

I say two as it was also Top Gun Day. Did you know they're making sequel? I really hope it doesn't suck. The original is a classic but it was The flying scenes, it was the script. It's one of the most quotable films ever, right up there with The Princess Bride. Why it is Top Gun Day today I have no idea, I imagine it's something to do with the flight school rather than the film but you never know. I just finished rewatching the movie and it never fails to entertain. I still don't get how a film about teaching pilots to dog fight and become less reliant on missiles can end with a battle where they only use missiles. Did I miss something?

Food wise I had a good day. It started with Hummus Day. We had a tub of hummus with caramelised onions left over from the Eurovision buffet. The creamy, oily deliciousness went well with some raw carrot sticks. Who'd have thought that chickpeas could be so good? I've tried making it before but failed  miserably,  it was gritty and lumpy. The recipe didn't mention cooking the chickpeas first, just blitzing them straight from the can. I'll certainly give it a go again one day.

Next up was Fruit Cocktail Day. The Tesco Express in town had some fresh tubs in the reduced section. Result!  The fruit was a little bit soft but that was to be expected. I'm not a fan of fruit cocktail and today's celebration isn't going to change that. I think if out had bee  made fresh it might have had a better chance of turning me.

Finally I ended my feasting with apple pie and ice cream. Apple Pie Day could have gone the American Pie root but again, one film was enough for today. I also thought it best to eat the pie, I wouldn't want to celebrate it any other way. I had a couple of fake Mr Kiplings with some lumpy custard.  I'd day that it wasn't something worth writing about but I just have so that would be lying.

There were a few other days to celebrate today but time was against me. Belly Dancing Day could have made an interesting video.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to celebrate Chicken Dance Day tomorrow so you won't have to go without.

Comments

Popular Posts