Day 149 - Smiling with macaroons and meditation

How do you make 3 children smile? Take them to River Dart Country Park! Our three have been counting down the days for months and finally it's here. It took about 3 hours to drive to Devon and all three were well behaved in the car. That made us smile! Smiling apparently uses less muscles than frowning so it's less tiring to smile. Even the rain wasn't enough to stop the smiling. Happy days!

Macaroon Day was a hit as well. Son 1 made them (with a little help from Mrs H) last night. The websites which mention this day don't seem to agree whether it is the coconutty sweets or the colourful sandwich biscuity things. Why they have the same name I don't know as it's very confusing. TV seems to have decided that the sandwich ones are now called Macarons hence why I plumped for the coconut cakes. My camping friends shared in the celebration and even those who don't like coconut enjoyed them. Yay!

I didn't have a chance to meditate today, not that I usually do, but as it was Meditation Day it would have been useful. I did however meditate yesterday for the first time as a lady came into the office to show us how to do it. The closest I've come to meditating before is doing the wind down after a yoga session or playing that game on the Wii where you have to try to stop a flame from flickering.  Heartfulness is the name of the organisation. We had a relaxation session  followed by about 30 mins meditation where I basically fell asleep. I'm not really sure what meditation is, the lady just said "now meditate". I'd probably give it a go again but I prefer the yoga experience. She did say something about a yogic experience but that's for another day.

There are an awful lot of celebrations to work through tomorrow so hopefully I'll have time to do them justice.

Comments

Popular Posts