Day 135 - baking walnut cookies and 'shrooms

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia which isn't very catchy. The acronym is IDAHOBIT which doesn't help much either. It was trending on social media. Last year I went to a conference through work dedicated to the day which included a talk by the Naz and Matt Foundation. They have a very sad story about love and religion which is worth reading about. You can follow the foundation on Twitter at @Nazandmatt. There wasn't anything organised through work this year but it is worth sharing the details as it brought many a tear out last year when it was told.

On a slightly more upbeat note, I hid mushrooms in my garden today. That's not something I thought I'd ever say. It was Mushroom Hunting Day. I once went on  mushroom walk where we were told about the different types of fungi. The basic message was that it is impossible to tell which are edible and which aren't so don't  try any. I therefore hunted down some mushrooms from the co-op and hid them around the garden for the boys to hunt. They seemed to enjoy it.  It's not quite what you're meant to do on Mushroom Hunting Day but it was fun all the same.

I also picked up some walnuts and tried to pass them around work colleagues as it was Walnut Day but no one wanted any. I took them home and used them to bake cookies instead as it was also Baking Day. I found a recipe online but didn't have anywhere near enough oats. I used what I had and they rose a bit like mini cakes rather than cookies. The Morris Dancers seemed to enjoy them. Nobody retched anyway so I'll take that as a positive.

Notebook Day took place today. Since starting this project everyday has been notebook day. I was given a notebook as a present last year and it's nearly finished now.  I also had a new one for this year's birthday which I'll be starting next week. I realise this isn't very exciting but as it's Notebook Day I need to say something.

I need to now decide whether or not to bike to work tomorrow morning. I don't know the way and it'll mean having to bike home as well. Alternatively it'll be Pizza Party Day. I know which one I prefer  but which do you think I should go with?

Comments

Popular Posts