Day 129 - rolling and eating

Living in Shrewsbury is great. Somebody described it this week as a village as everybody knows everyone in one way or another. There was a T.V. program on not so long ago about how the town is regularly awarded a gold award for its flower displays. As today was Public  Gardens Day I visited The Dingle which is a smallish garden area within the Quarry Park. If garden means "attached to a property" then it probably doesn't qualify but it's good enough for me. The place has a pond, fountains, flower beds and loads of little trails for the kids to run around. I took the two youngest with me and they had a lovely time. They normally just go to the play park so it made a nice change for them. Yay for Public Gardens Day!

Today was also Military Spouses Day. As I'm a military brat it stands to reason that my mum is a Military spouse. I couldn't inform her of the day usung social media however as she has so far managed to avoid it. Well done her. Instead I told my mother in law who was also a military spouse. They're everywhere. I also found a Military wives song on YouTube to listen to. That Mr Barlow also gets everywhere doesn't he.

I'm not sure what happened to Eat What You Want Day.  I live in a house full of fussy eaters so when I get the chance to eat what I want it's usually a fancy dish which I don't often get to cook, red meat or odd vegetables. Today however the kids were in on it, having pain au chocolate for breakfast. They'd already decided what they wanted for tea and as I  had (still have) cleaning to do I wasn't going to time to cook different meals for everyone. Son 2 had a sub from Subway, Son 1 wanted a fry up and the baby decided on a jam sandwich. She was adamant. She was very happy when it came. That was until she saw me eating my fry up and demanded some "lunch". Not only did I not get to choose what I ate on Eat What You Want Day but I also had to let the baby eat what she wanted.  I suppose that counts though.

Lastly today I managed to borrow a foam roller for Foam Roller Day. A friend in Carlisle also agreed to take part with theirs. My influence is spreading!  I had to firstly find out what one was. I googled it and the adverts for them said that they are used by runners. But I'm a runner! I must be doing it wrong. The roller is a cylindrical lump of foam which you use to massage yourself. I gave it a bash, it was supposed to be pleasant but it felt like being punched in kidneys. I'm hoping to go for a run tomorrow so I'll try it then as well.

Tomorrow is going to be hectic. It's not on the list but tomorrow is one of the biggest celebrations of the year - EUROVISION!

Comments

Popular Posts