Day 133 - stockings and chocolate chips

Did you known that nylon stockings were invented in 1938? You do now. That is assuming that my one source from the internet had checked it's facts. It's Nylon Stocking Day. I must say that they are not a product which I've ever given much thought to. They don't look very warm so what is their function? I googled this very question. Wikipedia suggests that they are for aesthetics more than anything else and one website included a long rant about how uncomfortable they are. I don't think I've ever tried them (I did some silly things whilst at University so I can't be entirely sure that it didn't happen) and based on my (very short) research I can't say that I'm tempted. The Robin Hood film Men In Tights offers a slightly more positive spin on them but not enough to make them sound appealing. I therefore you the reader, assuming that you wear them, why?

There were a couple of awareness days today.  They're not really celebrations but worth mentioning. Hyperemesis Gravidarum Awareness Day ( I hope I've spelt it right - HG for short) which is a pregnancy related condition where the lady gets really I'll for ages - not nice) and  Mucopolysaccharide (MPS) Awareness Day (I had to copy and paste that one) which is about a collection  of genetic conditions which limit affect muscular and mental capacity in children. I've shared links on social media if you want to know more.

In order to celebrate Chocolate Chip Day I was going to buy a muffin but couldn't find one. Can you believe that?  Usually chocolate chip is a standard but the coffee shops seem to have gone for blueberry or banana. I didn't have time to make my microwave cookie recipe so I stole one of son 1's which he made on the weekend (don't tell him).

The final celebration for today was the longest title I've had so far. Relive Your Past By Listening To The First Music You Ever Bought No Matter What It Was No Excuses Day. That's a mouthful. The first album I remember buying was The Hits 6, a compilation double cassette which started with I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston and ended with Star Trekkin' by The Firm. It was a classic. I therefore listened to both whilst making sandwiches for the morning. 

Tomorrow is Piercing Day. Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts