Day 136 - so much fooood

Peanut butter and chocolate. A match made in heaven, or at least in mother-in-law's kitchen. I'm a big fan of her peanut butter tray bake and as such, most things which mix the nutty goodness with chocolate. I was therefore very pleased when I found out that today was I Love Reese's Day. I could have celebrated by simply eating some Reese's but I thought no! The day is called I Love Reese's Day so I needed to put this statement to the test. I bought a pack of the famous Reese's cups and also a Peanut Butter KitKat Chunky in order to compare. The KitKat was tasty and ticked all the peanut boxes. The lack of wafer in the Reese's was noticeable in comparison. They were softer and stickier. All in all I preferred the cups. They delivered more peanut butter for your money and felt like a special treat. Yum.

I didn't need anymore food based celebrations after that but alas, things are never that simple. It was also Pizza Party Day today. Now this was odd as there have been a few pizza days to celebrate. This one was specifically about the party. To make tea that little bit more party like we bought pizza bases (I didn't  have time to make a dough) and topped them ourselves. We then ate them whilst listening to Eros Ramazzotti, Italy's finest export. I might stop having tea time and just refer to it as a party from now on, it's so much more fun. I recommend it.

Away from food based celebrations, today was also Shades Day. This wasn't just an excuse to wear sunglasses but was one of the charity events to raise awareness and money.  The cause was family holiday association, for families who can't go on holiday. It should be easy to find if you're interested in helping. I tweeted my selfie wearing shades. It was also Orange Wig Day but I didn't have an orange wig.

No Dirty Dishes Day was fairly straight forward.  I washed up after breakfast and after tea. Hardly a celebration I know but it gets me a tick.

I stopped in at the library today and took out a book called Endangered Animals.  Endangered Species Day is another day which you  any really celebrate. It's sad that so many creatures make the list. Pangolin Day wasn't that long ago and they're right near the top of the list. The book talks about all the ways in which we're destroying our wildlife. When I was young it was all deforestation and acid rain. Now it's farming is bad, cities are bad, travel is bad, plastic is bad. There's going to be a time in the not too distant future where we just have to stop everything and have a good think about the what we're doing.

I couldn't face Cheese Souffle Day, I'm stuffed. I need to hold out for Devil's Food Cake Day and Whisky Day tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts