Day 126 - Toes, coke and goo goo dolls

I hate socks. I'll put it out there. Ok, hate is a bit strong but as soon as the summer comes I'm all about the sandals. The kids are the same, we all get mithered about putting socks on when we're meant to be leaving the house. Not today, at least not for me, as it was No Socks Day. Yay! I have no idea why there is a day for this but I'm very pleased that there is. My good lady wife joined in and went sockless too. It's quite normal for ladies to wear shoes without socks but sandals in an office tend to get funny looks. More than wearing odd shoes which I found strange. Anyway, if you want to see my lovely toes, check out the Facebook group.  You'll also get to see random foodstuffs and the odd selfie. Exciting eh?

Next up was Teacher Appreciation Day. I did little for this as the only teachers I know are my wife, my mother in law (ex-teachers never stop being teachers) and a whole bunch of our friends. They're everywhere and they all deserve being appreciated. I did think of picking up a best teacher gift for my wife but she's had plenty of those over the years.

For Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day I shared a post on Facebook telling how to recognise the symptoms. Hopefully it'll do good.

If I sold a product I'd make sure that it had a day to celebrate it. Someone somewhere also decided that Coke should have such a day because it obviously needs a little helping hand. I'm not the biggest fan of the sweet stuff so I found the smallest can I could, 73p from Waitrose.  It's better with some Captain Morgan in it but not during the day. Have A Coke Day wasn't bad but I'd have preferred Have A Lucozade Brazilian Punch Day. Far tastier but it doesn't have the advertising power the Coke enjoys.

Lastly it was Iris Day. It was meant to be all about the flower but I couldn't find any so instead I learnt to play the song of the same name by Goo Goo Dolls. The "real" version is meant to be played with really strange tuning (lots of d's) so I found a cheats method (G, Asus, Cadd9 in case you're interested). I'm not sure that it counts as a proper celebration. I'm not even sure why the song is calked Iris. Maybe it is the name of the person  it is about?

Tomorrow is Butterscotch Brownies Day, yet more baking.

Comments

Popular Posts