Day 243 - pet rocks, dude

Something weird was going on today. Picture the scene. Tea time. I ask the kids to set the table.  They ignore me. I shout at them to set the table. They start arguing about who's turn it is. They eventually get to it. Two year old daughter joins in an takes a bag from the baking cupboard and puts it on the table. She has never done this before. Her bag if choice? Desicated coconut.  What is especially odd about this? Today was World Coconut Day! It's like she knew.  On the one hand we have to tell her no and put the bag back, yet on the other hand I have to congratulate her for her efforts. How did she know?  Spooky. In addition to little Maggie's efforts I also bought one of those healthy snack packs which have replaced chocolate at the counter in supermarkets. It was a mixture of coconut, mango and papaya. I ate is as I needed to celebrate but to be honest I'm sure there are better ways to celebrate coconut. I'm not a fan but I am coming around to it. Pina Colada Day helped in that area, healthy snack packs aren't doing the cause much good though.

Pet Rock Day was something simple to celebrate. It didn't require a great deal of effort. I opened my front door, chose a flat pebble (Something which would fit nicely in a pocket) and chose a name for my new pet. Brian. Brian sat and watched a film with us this evening. I quite like having him around.  Hopefully his vet bills will be less than Rover the cat's. (I assume he's a he with a name like Brian. It's hard to tell).

I forgot to celebrate Bison-tell Yell Day but I'm fairly sure that everyone else did as well. The day is quite possibly the weirdest one I've encountered so far since starting this project. Celebratistas have to make a 200 year old pretend person and celebrate their 200th birthday. Different. If you celebrated that one, good on you.

I imagine that out there somewhere Keanu Reeves was celebrating his birthday, maybe with a nice meal or a blueberry popsicle (assuming that he knew it was Blueberry Popsicle Day and likes to mark such occasions). Whilst he was doing so, me and my fellow celebratistas were celebrating Keanu Reeves Day. I marked the occasion by watching Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.  I don't have Excellent Adventure on DVD which is a crime. I watched in with my kids. I think that they followed the story.  The talk is that he's making a third film. I really hope it doesn't suck!

Tomorrow will be Skyscraper Day and US Bowling League Day. It'll be the last day of the holidays for the kids so I'm taking them bowling and to see the world's first skyscraper. If anyone fancies joining us, give me a shout.

Comments

Popular Posts