Day 256 - apples and dots and burgers

I'm writing this blog from a friend's field sat by an open fire, about to toast marshmallows, assuming that somebody brought some with them. There were a lot of potential  celebrations today but I managed to squeeze in a few.

First up was Dot Day. I didn't look into this any deeper than the name so I'm not sure whether there was anything underlying it, I just wore some dots. I was dancing in Oswestry with Shrewsbury Morris today and I pimped my outfit with a spotty neckerchief. I usually have a rainbow one but as I happened to have a spotty one in my drawer it seemed silly not to. As well as my exciting costume change I also watched a TV program handily called Dot. It was about a girl called Dot. I only saw a few minutes of it so I'm not sure what it was about. I'm sure it was very educational.

My next exciting celebration wasn't until teatime when I cooked a double cheeseburger.  It was Double Cheeseburger Day. We've had hamburger day and cheeseburger day so double cheeseburger seems the next natural step. The burgers came from Aldi and had cheese inside them. They were great on the barbecue, they didn't shrink or anything. Yum.

I was hoping to do something for Batman Day but it didn't happen. As we're camping with friends I invented a game for the kids but they wouldn't even try it. The basic idea was that they stand in pairs back to back, everyone sings dinner dinner dinner dinner and when they get to Batman they jump around and face each other and say "I'm Batman" in their best Batman voice. The one who laughs is out, then they repeat until one is left.  Our lot wouldn't try it, let me know if yours do.

Finally it was Eat An Apple Day. I would say that I ate an apple but that wouldn't do it justice. Our hosts have a veg patch and an orchard. The apple trees were loaded with fruit so me and my youngest each selected one off the tree to ate. The flesh was slightly pink and the apple was sweet and juicy. It was delish! Everyone should have an apple tree.

Right, that's enough for now as I have a fire to enjoy. Night night.

Update - the kids played my Batman game!  It kept them busy or at least 5 minutes.  Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts