Day 250 - teddies, schnitzel and candles

I have 5 celebrations to report back on today which brings my running total up to 840 in case you're keeping count, although 1 is a duplicate so I'm not sure it counts.

I'll start with Teddy Bear Day. Son 2 had swimming and gymnastics so I brought along Hamley, Son 1's teddy, as he happened to be sat on the sofa just before we left. Whilst Son 2 was doing his gym I nipped to Lidl and Hamlet sat in the baby carrier in the trolley.  I think that he enjoyed his day out. If he didn't he didn't mention it. Between them our kids have enough teddies to rival a toy shop although I'm sure that they've forgotten most of their names. I assume that one or two will survive the cull when it eventually happens, it'll be interesting to see which are the chosen few.

Next we have the duplicate, Wiener Schnitzel Day. Last time I followed a recipe, this time I just made it up and used turkey steaks.  As usual, some of the kids ate it, some didn't. We also had it with a pile of veg rather than the usual potato and onion combo. That didn't go down well either. One day we'll turn the corner on the veg front but it isn't looking any time soon. I quite like schnitzel so I'm glad that there was some left for tomorrow!

Grandparents Day went smoothly. I sadly lost my remaining grandparents over the last few years but my kids have theirs. We therefore Skyped them to celebrate. It's quite funny to watch three kids under the age of 10 trying to talk on the computer as they just pull faces and dance. Son 2 can't get past the idea that the microphone works and he keeps shouting at the screen. My daughter just parrots whatever the others say. I'm sure that my parents appreciate it all the same.

Sudoku Day was more fun than I thought it would be.  I haven't done a sudoku puzzle in a while so I downloaded a free app to my phone and had a go. It took me 8 minutes and 44 seconds to do an easy one. Although it was easy it still gave me a feeling of satisfaction. I might keep this one for a little while. Most apps get deleted after a little while as I don't bother using them so we'll see how it goes.

Finally I celebrated Worldwide Candle Lighting Day by lighting some candles. Big shock there eh? It's a day to think about lost friends and family. It's not often that we burn a candle and I burnt my fingers on the match. Ouch.

I've just made a list of next week's celebrations and there are a lot. Tomorrow has sone if the weirdest ones so far so keep an eye out.

Ps I nearly forgot. It was also Crysanthemum Day so I bought a bunch. My grandparents used to grow them for a living so they always remind me of them.  It's odd that Crysanthemum Day should therefore fall on Grandparents Day and also Light A Candle Day. Spooky!

Comments

Popular Posts