Day 252 - one a penny, two a penny...

Hot Cross Bun Day? In September? Why not? Apparently they're not just for Easter. I've tried to make them before in the past and they came out like rocks so shop bought it was. I had a couple of them for breakfast, toasted on one side of course. I'm always happy to have a hot cross bun slavered in butter. Unfortunately the second attempt wasn't so good. I tried to make some in the evening for supper and somehow they caught fire. Properly flaming. They were a right off. Such a shame, I was looking forward to them.

It was also Make Your Bed Day today.  I'm usually first up in the morning so I don't usually get a chance to make it (if that's the right phrase) but today my wife was up shortly after me so I quickly jumped in and sorted it out whilst she was in the shower. The pillows are nicely plumped. I'm not sure there's much more that I can say about it really.  I hate a messy bed as it makes the whole room look untidy and it's much more comfortable to get into a made bed than a messy one. Maybe it's psychological or maybe there's something in it.

My third celebration today was an odd one, Ants On A Log Day. What's that all about I hear you ask, tell us more. Well it's a culinary delight. It starts with celery (not my favourite vegetable) and you add peanut butter (now we're talking). The "ants" are raisins. They actually work really well together. I've no idea about the history but it was worth trying it out. If you don't like celery then this is a great way to make it paletable.  Yum.

Lastly today, I didn't really celebrate "I Want To Start My Own Buisness Day" but I was very tempted today. I'm really struggling to find a suit which fits as I have a 34" inside leg. It's not long enough for the tall people shops but it's too long for the high street. There's a gap in the market for people like me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Tomorrow is all about milkshake and video games,  so that should be fun. Night all.

Comments

Popular Posts