Day 262 - wine and cookies

2. There were 12 celebrations going on today,  not including the International Banana Festival and all thatch managed to celebrate was 2. What's worse is that neither demanded any effort,  at least not today.

If you were here yesterday you may recall that I was baking cookies at 10pm last night. That baking resulted in a batch of pecan cookies for Pecan Cookie Day which were duly celebrated today.  I took them to work where they were mostly eaten. Eventually. There are never many people in on a Friday so I'm glad that the majority got eaten. I must hold my hand up, I ate a fair few myself. They were delish.  Soft and chewy but with a crunch from the nuts. The cookie was buttery but not over sweet with a decent pecan hit.  Yum.  My boys refused to touch them but my daughter couldn't get enough. The recipe made so much that I had to freeze sone of the dough. I'll definately be making them again, especially as I only have to defrost the dough! It was easy to make and the result was greater than the effort put in. The ratio may not be as high as Angel delight but there was certainly a return on effort made.

The other celebration today was Grenache Day which is a type of wine. I've had 2 or 3 glasses now and am quite tipsy. I found a rosé (is it also available in white?) It goes down far too easily, it's like pop. So today I've eaten cookies and drunk wine. Not exactly a huge effort for a celebrationista.

I missed out on Miniature Golf Day, why couldn't it be on a weekend? I rule at crazy golf.  I did retweet some awareness messages about World Alzheimer's Day but I'm not sure that that counts. I list my nan a few years back to a condition like Alzheimer's so it's a cause close to me heart. It's horrible watching people you live slowly disappear like that. The sooner a cure is found the better.  My kids celebrated International Day of Peace at school which I was very pleased about but it doesn't get me a tick in a box. Hopefully tomorrow will add a few more to my tally, there are at least three animal based celebrations so if you see me around carrying a menagerie of toys you'll know why!

Right,  I have a bottle of wine to finish. Nighty night.

Comments

Popular Posts