Day 246 - samosas, pizza and charity.

Who does my like a samosa? I work in offices in the West Midlands and samosas are a staple part of the culture.  I have no idea where they come from but a large selection of samosas are provided quite regularly, usually for charity.  Today (as if you didn't know) was Samosa Day. There weren't any in the office today but I had prepared in advance and bought some from ASDA to pop in the oven. They weren't as good as the fresh ones but they weren't at all bad and were very much needed for supper. Spicy but not too spicy. Yum.

Tea was also a celebration as it was Cheese Pizza Day. There have already been a few pizza days this year so I don't know what's special about cheese pizza day. Most pizzas have cheese so isn't this just another excuse to eat pizza? And why not? Pizza's great. We had tortilla pizzas, made with wraps. They may not be as filling as a normal pizza but they're still tasty. Especially 'con fungi'... mmm... mushrooms.

I decided not to be late for anything on Be Late For Something Day as the only things I had to be on time for was a work call and a football game, neither if which I wanted to miss.

Lastly today it has been International Day Of Charity. There have been a few charity days this year and there are still a fair few to go. One thing about charities which I don't understand is when there are multiple charities all with the same agenda. If they all care about the same issue, why not pool resources and save on the admin costs? As it was a general charity day rather than a specific day I decided to help raise awareness by retweeting some charitable tweets.

Tomorrow has a celebration with requires throwing raw eggs so that should be fun. TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts