Day 261 - jeans, food and booze

There are a number of different charities which ask you to do different things to raise awareness and fundking throughout the year. It might be wearing certain colours, it might be baking cakes. Tomorrow is the official Jeans For Genes Day but we celebrated it today in my office. You can think of this as a reminder in case you're doing it tomorrow. Aren't I helpful? I prepared last night by digging out my old badge collection and pinning them to some jeans. I also baked a Kladdkaka to add to the cake sale. In case you aren't Swedish, it's a chocolate pudding cake, a bit like a really big brownie. A few people in the office asked why I was wearing badges but mist had remembered what was going on. I didn't actually see anyone else with any "bling" so I either read the email wrong or made more effort than most. I saw a few people in jeans but mostly people who wear them anyway. I did however collect my cake box at the end of the day and found it empty so hopefully it got eaten. I didn't get to try any, I opted for the Victoria sponge instead which was very light and fluffy. Should you want more info on jeans for genes then take a look at the website, www.jeansforgenes.org.uk. The charity raises money and awareness for people with genetic disorders.

Most of the remaining celebrations today were food based. String Cheese Day was a chance to take a bite of individually wrapped sweaty rubbery cheese and enjoy it's positive points,  such as how you don't have to slice it. Yay! It's not as tasty as 'proper' cheese, has an unpleasant sweaty texture and probably costs more than just buying a block. As you can tell I'm not its biggest fan. You can peel it, if you like that sort of thing. Um... It's easy to open?

For tea I celebrated Pepperoni Pizza Day. How many has that been so far? Cheese Pizza Day, just pizza day, deep pan pizza day, pizza pie day. You can't go wrong with pizza but there is so much more out there to celebrate. One pizza day would have done. We had wraps instead of pizza bases but they work well enough for a quick tea.

I was going to make some punch as it was Punch Day but I ran out of time making pecan cookies for tomorrow. I'm not sure why as there won't be anyone to share them with. I may need to spread the love wider.

Comments

Popular Posts