Day 255 - hoagie or sub?

Have you ever tried a hoagie before? Chances are that you have. From what I can tell, hoagies are the same as sub rolls. They're even called grinders apparently which is just weird. That conjures up completely different images. Anyway, I therefore celebrated Eat A Hoagie Day twice today by eating two hoagies. At least I think I did depending on whether there is in fact a difference between the different bread products. In case you're interested I had cheese salad in both of them.

It was Quiet Day today so it was useful that the office was almost empty today.  There was no-one around for quite a while and onky one other person within earshot for mostof the day.  I enjoyed the quiet although sometimes you need a bit of chat to keep yourself from going mad.

One celebration which I'm kind of celebrating is 4pm Finish Day. I say kind of as I finished work at 2.45pm. The celebration is supposed to be about finishing an hour early, working smarter to guve yourself more you time. I however usually get in at 7am and finish at 3.45pm in order to catch the train. If I'd worked until 4pm then I'd be working longer and I'd miss my train. That's not be good idea. So as I said, I'm celebrating the spirit of the day and have come home an hour early. This should give me enough time to find some gobstoppers.

Mollies sweet shop came up trumps today although I'm not sure I made the right choice. It was Gobstopper Day so I bought a box of gobstoppers.  You'd think that would do it but there was also an option of walnut sized ones and tennis ball sized ones. The walnutesque sweets were the ones I remembered from my youth, you suck it for ages until you finally  get a piece of chewing gum. The ones I went with were small so they don't really stop your gob. They tasted of Parma violet as well which is not my thing at all. The packet said that they change colour as you suck them, why? They're in your mouth.  Are you supposed to take them out now and again? I think I was doing it wrong. Oh well.

My final celebration today was a failure, Cream-filled Donut Day should be easy when we have a donut shop in town. They don't however make filled ones though!  Denied.  They make ring donuts and some of them have something stuffed into their hole but I don't think that qualifies. It's a shame as they looked delish.

There are over 20 celebrations tomorrow so hopefully I'll find something which will interest you.

Comments

Popular Posts