Day 245 - nutty about desserts

There's an episode of Star Trek where an alien has to experience pleasure and spends all his time eating pudding,  one after the other, as he was told that it has no nutritional value and only exists to provide pleasure. That was what today was about. Not pleasure but dessert. Eat An Extra Dessert Day is self explanatory. An opportunity to not limit oneself to one pudding. So which two puddings did I go for? Well, every day the kids ask for pudding and the standard response is fruit or yoghurt. So that's what I went with, a tiny petit filous and an apple.  It wasn't extravagant and could be seen as a wasted opportunity to indulge but this year has been sooo indulgent thus far that a little realism seemed in order. Yay for realism!

It was also Macadamia Nut Day so I celebrated with a healthy snack bar. It was called a Paleo Bar. I thought that paleo was maybe a brand name but I found some references to paleo online. It's a diet thing I think. The bar tasted mainly of coconut but it was moister than it looked and was actually pretty tasty. I'd go there again.

And that was it really for today. It was Beyoncé's birthday (Bey Day) but I wasn't ready for that jelly. It was also Wildlife Day but that was officially moved to February. Tomorrow may have a bit more going on so check back to see how it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts