Day 257- bread, or something like it anyway

I've never been to Seattle before. I've seen Sleepless in Seattle, and listened to more than my fair share if grunge music fro Seattle and even read the Twilight books which were based there. Today I celebrated Stay Away From Seattle Day without lifting a finger. I've no idea why people should avoid the place but avoid it I did, more out of luck than effort. If anyone knows why it should be avoided today then please comment.

The two actual celebrations which I put effort into were food based. I say effort the first one was Guacamole Day and my wife was the one who bought it. We went with fajitas which turned out to be "uncomfortably hot". The options were mild or spicy and spicy turned out to be very spicy. I quite like spicy but these ones happened to be a little too spicy. The guacamole helped to cool it a little but it was the first time that my eyes watered and I needed a tissue from eating fajitas. Milk was required.

Next up was Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day. This requires much more effort but Mr daughter joined in and helped to make it. She had a lovely time. Sadly the dough didn't rise and the sugar made the loaf stick to the tin. I had to scrap it out. It was undercooked and looked like it had been hacked up with a machete.  Still, it tastes quite nice and I'm hoping it'll be good toasted for breakfast. You make a dough,  roll it out, brush it with sugar and cinnamon then roll up and bake. I'd happily try it again, but maybe with fresh yeast and less sugar!

That'll do for now, I'm off for a bath. Nighty night.

Comments

Popular Posts