Day 78 - catching up

It's always good to start the day with a celebration.  Not only does it put you in a good frame of mind it also gets something ticked off your list so that you aren't scrabbling around at 10.35pm trying to celebrate before going to bed. Today I celebrated #Deskfast Day as I'm sure that many of you lovely readers did as well, although you may not have known that you were. The concept is as it sounds, eat your breakfast at your desk. I don't often do it as I'm up at 5.35am and don't get to work until gone 8am on a Monday. I'd have a rumbly tummy by then so today I had a second deskfast instead. I had my shredded wheat at home and the  toast and coffee at my desk. The boiler wasn't working so I had to throw my first attempt at a coffee away. By the time I'd sorted it and made another my toast had gone cold. Yay for eating at your desk. My office is lucky to have a toaster,  many don't for fire risk reasons.  We like to live dangerously in Solihull!

For Poultry Day we had chicken pie for tea. I'm not sure whether this was in the spirit of the celebration though. I'm not sure that many chickens were harmed in the production of the pie to be fair as it was mainly pastry. I usually try to buy free range chicken but buying ready made free range products like pies or nuggets is now on impossible. I'd hoped that Hugh Fearnley Thingamabob's "chicken out" campaign would have helped but free range seems to have gone up in price rather than  having a positive effect. A bit like Pig Day, Poultry Day makes me want to move towards the green side even more. As an extra celebration I gave my daughter her knitted chicken to cuddle at bedtime and asked Twitterland for a decent chicken joke, none were forthcoming. Do you know any? Today is also Let's Laugh Day so please share!

At lunchtime I was celebrating in retrospect.  Saturday was Corned Beef and Cabbage Day so I used the corned
beef and sauerkraut which my wife bought to make sandwiches. They weren't bad. A little tangy maybe but edible. I don't usually go for corned beef and this hasn't converted me, but it made a change from cheese and lettuce.

For Read To Me Day I read Maggie's bedtime story and Aled read to his mother. Neither of these things was any different to a normal day but that's a good thing. The day is there to think about adult literacy and to help children want to learn to read. The more you read the more you read.

Finally for today I had to arduous task of eating chocolate caramel for Chocolate Caramel Day. This consisted of a not-mars bar from Tesco and a caramel choc ice about 20 minutes ago. Both were pleasant and I have plenty left over to keep the party going! My wife ate hers last night as she isn't allowed one today.  She is taking part in a five day food challenge, eating nothing but rice, beans and oats from Monday until Friday. It's a big ask and us called Tearfund's mean bean challenge. She's raising awareness and money for the cause which supports 50 countries worldwide.  If you'd like to help encourage her then you can donate at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rebecca-s-mean-bean-5-day-challenge1426

There are 19 celebrations listed for tomorrow, something for everyone but especially those thinking of getting married, those who like to speak French and anyone who wants to burn a snowman!

Comments

  1. Its a bit late but...

    What do you call a scary chicken?
    A poultrygeist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts