Day 186 - CHOCOLATE!

I mentioned yesterday that it would be tricky to celebrate today as I would be spending most of the day dancing in town. I was right. I managed some chocolate for Chocolate Day (not that hard really) but I didn't do much else. We had some Spanish chocolate at home which was a holiday gift from the parents so I saw that away. There has been so much chocolate this year I thought it best to keep chocolate day simple.

I also squeezed in Macaroni Day by making some macaroni cheese for tea. I read that macaroni is the type of pasta dough rather than the shape, is that true? Does anybody know? Normally my macaroni cheese is quite nice but I made a right mess of it tonight, the problem was that I put it in the oven, I don't usually. The sauce soaked into the pasta and it was a bit dry. Shame. The kids ate it up happily enough but they prefer grandpa's recipe. This won't help my cause.

One celebration which I was looking forward to was Father And Daughter Go For A Walk Day. We didn't get a chance today but we have to take the car to the garage on Friday so I'll have every opportunity to make up for it then.

Comments

Popular Posts