Day 206 - plants, scotch and stilts

My office has three floors (exciting eh?). I usually climb the stairs as it doesn't take long. We do have a lift but there isn't much point just going up two flights, it's quicker to walk. That doesn't help with today's celebration. Talk In An Elevator Day. The idea is obvious, break the taboo of keeping quiet in a lift. I purposely used the lift in an attempt to speak to somebody but there was nobody around. It's a shame, there was an upside down poster in the lift so I had an icebreaker sorted out and everything.  I hope that you had better luck.

My attempt to celebrate Cross Atlantic Communication Day consisted of putting a salutation on Facebook. It's not a great effort, I accept that, but it's the future and we need to embrace it. Kind of. It was certainly quicker than it used to be in the good old days and I think that is Kind of the point. According to my statistics there are some people in America who actually read this nonsense so hello to you!

My favourite celebration today was probably due to a typo. Some websites were saying that it was Take Your Pants For A Walk Day whereas others had Take Your Plant For A Walk Day. I decided to do both and went for a walk after tea with my children. Three of bus were wearing pants (underpants - too hot for trousers) and we carried a small cactus with us. We only have two houseplants, an almost dead cactus and an almost dead something else. We took the smaller of the two. The larger is in a heavy ceramic pot,  a walk wouldn't have been very easy. We had a lovely time, I'm sure that he cactus did too. I have no idea why there is a day to take a plant for a walk, I assume it was a typo which caught on.

One of my favourite cartoons as a boy was Dungeons & Dragons.  We have the entire series on 4 Dvds. Today was a celebration of the life of the person who invented the role playing game. I was going to try to play D&D with the kids but the comic book shop in town didn't sell any rule books. Instead we watched some of the cartoons. I can't remember if the kids ever made it home from the realm of Dungeons and dragons so I tried to watch the final episode. The kids have however lost the remote control so I can only watch episode 1 of each disk. Gutted.

For Walk On Stilts Day I had a look in my wood store with a plan to make some but I didn't have any suitable wood. Instead I used the kids green stilt feet thingys which kind of did the job, until I fell off them that is.

Lastly today was another whisky celebration, Scotch Day. Bourbon wouldn't cut it this time so I picked up a miniature of Speyburn. I'm not a connoisseur but I do like Speyside whisky. I tried it 'on the rocks' as usually I just have it neat.  Very tasty. I may have to buy a bigger bottle one day. I'm sure that buying miniatures isn't cost effective.

It's getting late so I'm off to bed. No Blood Moon tonight as the clouds covered it up. Boo. However,  tomorrow will be Dance Day so that will make up for the disappointment.  Nighty night.

Comments

Popular Posts