Day 192 - so near yet so far

Happy Friday everyone! It finally rained today, yay! I can hear the grass smiling with gratitude.

I spent the day off work looking after child three so I wasn't able to be gruntled at work (Gruntled Worker's Day) and whilst off work I took the car to be fixed. They quoted me over a thousand pounds to tinker with this and clean up that. I wasn't really in the mood for cars so avoided Collector Car Appreciation Day as well.

Go West Day was so very nearly fun. Eighties music revival concerts have been the rage for the last few years and Shrewsbury has one annually in the park. This year Go West are appearing (King Of Wishful Thinking  - top tune) but it's tomorrow! 1 day out! I would have been so chuffed if I could have gone to see them on Go West Day. I tweeted the lead singer to let him know that today is the day but he didn't take the bait. Who knows, maybe the band are in town already. The day is really about travelling to enjoy yourself, finding seeking something better in the unknown.  bigot as far as listening  to the Pet Shop Boys on YouTube. Not my finest celebration but enjoyable all the same.

There were three food based celebrations today. I didn't bother with French Fry Day as I've had some this week already and it would have meant cooking enough for 7. Instead I went with Beans And Franks Day, Maggie and I enjoyed out lunch of beans ( Heinz - this was a celebration!) and smoked frankfurters and English muffins. Yum. Beans are always a winner. I'm surprised that more countries don't adopt baked beans and toast as a staple dish.

There were a few duplicate celebrations today so I skipped barbershop music and looking at rocks. There is still a chance that I might go for a kebab to celebrate Kebab Day although I'm still full of sausage and veg. The celebrations this weekend are looking a little tame although if I mix Shark Awareness Day with Tape Measure Day it could get interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts