Day 208 - lasagne and lipstick

I realise that the numerous readers of this daily blog will have realised that today was Lipstick Day and have been waiting with baited breath for me to tweet a selfie decked out in a lovely shade of rouge. (If you haven't already followed me to keep up with the pictures there is a link on the menu page). I will however have to let you down. It didn't happen. My wife found out that selected Boots stores were giving away free lipstick but we ran out of time. I would have used some of my wife's but she doesn't wear it. She has one somewhere but I don't remember the last time I saw her in any, she's naturally gorgeous so doesn't need to hide her looks. I could go and rummage through her stuff whilst she's out enjoying herself but who knows what is find!

I celebrated Chicken Wings Day recently (or was it Buffalo Wings? I forget) so I didn't see a need to repeat it so soon. I was all set to try a Rain Dance for Rain Day but the rain sorted itself out and provided the first proper soaking for months. Somebody must have tipped it off. I went out in the rain instead. Does that count?

The onky real celebration today was Lasagne Day. Veggie lasagne is one of my favourites, I know some people who cook a mean veggie lasagne (you know who you are). Unfortunatly the kids don't agree. My beef lasagne recipe uses the holy trinity, onion-celery-carrot, as a base and I add peppers and Worcestershire sauce. I knew that this would simply cause tears though so I ditched the veg and just uses passata and herbs. It wasn't anywhere near as tasty as it could have been but the kids yummed it up. Even my two-year old had seconds and she eats like a pigeon. It was a success, Garfield would have been proud.

Tomorrow is Father-in-law Day. I need to celebrate it. Any ideas?

Comments

Popular Posts